Points for parents to observe about their child of 7 years and above
Parents keep observing their child’s progress all the time. If they are aware of developmental delays, they can seek professional help early and this will offer the child the best chance at remediation.
Parents of a child of 3 to 6 years should check for these points:
- Compared to other children, does the child have difficulty in sitting, standing or walking?
- Is the child finding it difficult to do daily activities like, eating, dressing, bathing and grooming?
- Does the child have difficulty following your instructions to do a task?
- Is the speech of the child not clear?
- Does the child have difficulty in expressing himself about what he has observed?
- Does the child have difficulty in moving him limbs suffering from stiffness at times?
- Does the child suffer from bouts of rigidity, fits or become unconscious?
- Compared to his peers is the child appearing slow, dull or backward?
If the answer to the above questions is a “Yes” it is important to consult a professional and get an assessment done. Early intervention is the best remedy in such situation.